[sword-devel] Offer to help

Matthias Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 02:00:20 +0200

Hi,

> I'm not a programmer myself, but would
>be willing to help if I could. I did not see any information on how to
>create modules. Do you have to be a programmer to create modules for the
>Sword Project?

As for present, we've some conversion utilities (e.g. txt2SWORD.cpp)
to create modules but no »module writing program« or something. So,
in most cases you need to do some scripting work or at least
cut-and-paste from existing programs and scripts to create the keys
(i.e., the index, the .vss files) of a module.

I'm just doing my first module for SWORD, so I'm not that sure about
these issues.

In Christ Jesus,
-- Matthias