[sword-devel] Working on a STEP Reader for SWORD

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 07:20:46 +1000

"Trandahl, Steve" wrote:

> I would like to create a module for Sword that would allow it to read books
> in the STEP format.  I understand that there has been some work done, but
> that no one is currently working on it.  How do I locate the existing source
> code for it?

I believe that you'll have to write it completely from scratch.  The
only source code i'm aware of is the proprietary development toolkit
from Parsons.  There are good specs, though.  CrossWire has a mirror of
the STEP site, since theirs has been down for a while:
http://www.crosswire.org/bsisg/.  Start at the 'Info for Software
Developers' section.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear