[sword-devel] Doctrinal Statement

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:42:47 -0700

At 06:09 PM 7/27/2000 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

>         o I have not been against non-Christians contributing code
> directly to
>the project and honestly haven't thought to ask.  If it's good code, I
>use it.

I know a ministry that works at getting Scripture to the needy around the
world. Over the years many people have been drawn to it to help. They are
drawn because they see something they believe is of God and is beautiful to
them. They come from all over and are from many different "sects". But,
they seem to not be of the sects when they come together in the work. Over
the years that I have watched that ministry, I have seen the body of Christ
in action, as one body. This was something I did not experience, but
wondered about when I was only involved with ministries internal to "my"
sect.  Now I see things come together in a way that I am sure it is of God,
and yet, He seems to choose people I would not want to shake hands with.
But if people are quiet and bite their tongues, the needy are blessed.
There are some that come wanting to purify the work according to the ways
of their sect, but I have not seen these people get much work done.

Just my experience.

Jerry