[sword-devel] Doctrinal Statement

Dan Bertles sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:20:03 -0500

A "repeat performance" is likely!  The church has become much more like the
world in many/most respects than the body of Christ.  One point that works
in our favor is that the church has become so shallow that doctrine is
seldom addressed and therefore seldom changed.  My comments about "main
stream" was meant to convey the basic fundamental tenants of Christianity,
(i.e. the Trinity/deity of Jesus, virgin birth, the sufficiency of Jesus'
sacrifice, infallibility of scripture, etc.)

I consider myself rather ecumenical, but stand firm on those basics.