[sword-devel] Greek texts

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:40:10 +1000

Patrick Stanley wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was browsing and came across
>         www.johnhurt.com.
> He has a copy of the Nestle Greek Text (version unclear) loaded into an
> Access 97 database.  The first record of the file says that he has placed it
> in the public domain as of Dec. 31, 1999.
> While there is no pedigree of his source of the content, it would seem to be
> a clean and legal place to start something from.

I found that one and emailed him about its origin.  It is based on the
GNT at Bible Foundation.

> BTW. A plain text file would take about 10 minutes to generate... for all of
> you who cringe at the mention of the word "Windows".

Already downloaded it.  I will probably actually start with the
Byzantine text from OLB by Maurice Robinson and build a morphology
database from that, then superimpose it on the WH/NA26 automatically.
At least that way i will know that there is no risk of the information
being tainted by bogus copyright claims.

> Thanks for letting me lurk,

Any time - it takes no effort on my part for you to lurk.  ;-)

> Patrick, who the Lord does not seem to want to be a techie any more.

I wish the Lord didn't want me to be a techie - that way i wouldn't have
to feel guilty about spending so much time on Greek!  :-)

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear