[sword-devel] Re: Copyright and STRONGS

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 20:56:48 -0700

At 02:52 PM 7/6/2000 -1000, Brandon Staggs wrote:
>Isn't that a bummer. What is left to be done? How much work? I think it is
>likely I could find someone willing to complete the work.
>
>-Brandon

Very much a bummer.

There are some files that need proofing. The way it is done is that a file
is formatted for a text reader program that speaks the file saying each
word, number and punctuation. One listens to that while reading another
source. Where differences are found they are resolved and corrected. The
proofer needs a copy of Wigram's The Englishman's Greek Concordance of the
New Testament.

If you find someone that wants to do that let me know and I will ask the
person with the files if he is willing to try again. He has been turned off
by the very abuses of copyright we have been addressing.

Jerry