[sword-devel] Re: Copyright and STRONGS

PAT RICHARDSON sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 11:50:31 -0500

 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.gracemissions.org/GNTframes.html</a><br>
attitude of Grace Evangelistic Ministries. We do not beg for money. We
believe that if this ministry is honoring to God, He will provide
EVERYTHING necessary for its continuation. &quot;<i>God will
provide</i>&quot; was Abraham's reassurance to his confused son, Isaac
(Genesis 22:8). When God gives an assignment to us as His servants, He is
under obligation to provide for the job. When God does not provide, it
could mean one of three things. One, God may not want the job
accomplished at that particular time. Two, it could mean that those who
are to carry out the mission are not prepared to do so yet. Lastly, it
could be a sign that God does not want to have any part of the ministry.
Therefore, it is absolutely foolish and arrogant for us as believers to
try to devise a way to accomplish a task in the name of God when He has
already rejected it. For example, when we use gimmicks to manipulate
people to contribute money, we are not glorifying God. It is blasphemy on
our part to think that God does not know how to provide for the work
which He has assigned. Take a moment and think about the following
question: When we work to accomplish a job which God has rejected, who
will be glorified in the end? God? Or me?<br>
funding. We believe that God in His grace will continue to meet our
financial needs as they arise. We do not charge for books or audio tapes.
No money is requested. Anyone desiring to receive our books, tapes or
other spiritual materials can receive them at absolutely no cost. When
gratitude for the Word of God and understanding of the need to reach the
unsaved souls with the simple grace gospel and sound Bible teaching
motivate you to contribute, you have the privilege of giving and sharing
in the dissemination of the Word of God. This is a grace ministry. <br>
About the above:<br>
For our brothers who have gimmicks that repay wages and commisions from
sales of those things freely received here is a wonderful example of a
young man from Africa who understands better than we, Grace means Christ
Jesus, our Lord God does the work, gives the provisions, and honors His
word.<br>
Freely received, freely give.&nbsp; Grace is never separated from Jesus
Christ's merit, work and provision, nor from the principle of
&quot;FREE&quot;, in Christ are we free.<br>
With Pergamum, I Patricium agree.<br>
Patrick<br>
At 12:58 AM 07/06/2000 -0500, you wrote:<br>
&gt;Brother, your comment may have been meant in jest, but it has much
weight.<br>
&gt;Considering, regardless what some would say about the laws of the
land and<br>
&gt;appearances and all that. The day is coming when spreading the Word
of GOD<br>
&gt;will be a criminal act. These ridiculous copyright laws and all that
are<br>
&gt;already laying the foundation for it. People try using the
&quot;appearance of<br>
&gt;criminal acts&quot; as an unwitting way to help Satan squelch the
spread of the<br>
&gt;Word and cause division in the church. What they don't realize is
that we<br>
&gt;that help in the Great Commission are already criminals and pirates
in the<br>
&gt;eyes of the heathen. By distributing the Word to third-world nations
and<br>
&gt;such, we are in defiance of THEIR laws and no amount of justification
will<br>
&gt;change that.. When following GOD's orders are considered a criminal
act, I<br>
&gt;am indeed a criminal, and I wear it like a badge of honor. These
&quot;copyright&quot;<br>
&gt;excuses of &quot;protecting the Word from corruption&quot; are only
further proof that<br>
&gt;these companies are amoral and care only for using GOD to further
their<br>
&gt;means; as opposed to the proper order of using their means to further
GOD's<br>
&gt;Will. We are commanded to follow GOD's law above and beyond any of
man's<br>
&gt;laws so their arguments and points moot themselves if they truly seek
to<br>
&gt;serve GOD.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;May the peace of GOD be on you all.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;In Christ Jesus,<br>
&gt;Pergamum<br>