[sword-devel] DLL

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:06:21 +0000

Hi!

I try to give some small hints I remember.

I think you know the SWORD library on linux may be created as a shared
library.

I did my last win coding sessions years ago, so it may be wrong what I say.

A shared library is almost the same as a DLL in windows (DLL = dynamic
loaded(?) library which is the same a shared lib which may be loadad
dynamically).

I created a windows DLL years ago in Delphi, maybe it's the same in
C++Builder.
In Delphi I used the keyword Library instead of Program (I'm not sure).

If you are able to compile the C++ Sources of the SWORD lib (it's ANSI C++,
should be possible), it should be easy to create a DLL (maybe you have to
switch some compiler options etc.). But it should be possible if you can
compile the sources.

No real help but anyways,
--Joachim

Am Die, 04 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie: