[sword-devel] Red Letter text

PAT RICHARDSON sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:49:52 -0500

At 05:23 PM 01/25/2000 +1000, you wrote:<br>
&gt;Michael Paul Johnson wrote:<br>
&gt;That would be no problem, except that (less-educated) people
start<br>
&gt;treating them as infallible.&nbsp; <br>
&gt;I'm certainly happy to have all these features (quotes, verse
numbers,<br>
&gt;punctuation, etc.) in my Bible, but i would like to see a
disclaimer<br>
&gt;which stated that they are not to be viewed on the same level as
the<br>
&gt;text itself.&nbsp; Then again, we probably should have more
disclaimers which<br>
&gt;say that the text itself is a translation and reflects the
translators'<br>
&gt;biases as well...&nbsp; I guess there's no substitute for good
teaching in<br>
&gt;the local church.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Paul<br>
Now there is a disclaimer, better than all disclaimers, in big bold text
GOOD TEACHING IN THE LOCAL CHURCH. <br>