[sword-devel] Abnormal Program Termination

James Gross sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:55:26 PST

Good day, all.

I have been having a problem with two modules that I downloaded for my Win98
computer.  I receive an "Abnormal Program Termination" message when I had
loaded both the Wesley.zip file and the ISBE.zip file.  I load these modules
by themselves, so I know that it is not a conflict between the two modules
waiting to be "registered" with Sword.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I
"fixed" the problem by opening up the Wesley file and then extracting the
data.zip file and manually unzipping the .conf, .vss, etc. files.  I
unzipped them to the appropriate folders under c:\Program Files\CrossWire\.
I have yet to play with manually unzipping the data.zip file for ISBE.

Also, who is in charge of the website's navigation?  I was trying to
interest my wife in the site and the great work that is going on with the
Sword Project.  She observed that the site would be too complicated for her
to use easily.  Since she is a novice web surfer, and she thinks that it is
too confusing, I wondered if there were others who would be turned off by
the site's complexity (or lack of intuitive flow, as my wife said).  Are
there any plans in the future to restructure the site's navigational layout?
I believe that if the site were easier to navigate and a little bit
"brighter", it would make novices (and others) more likely to visit the site
and allow them to have a better experience.  Then, maybe, they would
recommend the site to others, and they would recommend it to others, and
then we will have sparked a revolution, and ......  You get the idea.
Anyway, that is just my 2 cents worth.  I am willing to help redesign the
site's navigation, if a redesign is deemed important enough by the others.

BTW, I love the use of ModDisp.jsp and the "Click here to download if..."
page.  It lends a very professional touch.  Is there a problem with
downloading the ModDisp.jsp source code?  I can't seem to get it to download
at all.

Your fellow servant in the work of the Lord,
Jim