[sword-devel] Red Letter text

Uwe Koloska sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:27:17 +0100

My opinion:

Sometimes I liked the boldened text of my Luther Bible, but sometimes I
watch myself only looking for this passages, when I was looking for some
sentence.

So I think it is good to have some tags in the texts, that show it's
relationship (or theme or something ...).  Some tags that will help to discover
deeper insides.  And one tag may be: Word's of Christ.

We can have a list of tags:
o global ones (eg. semantics) that are of interest for all users and maybe can
  be tagged objectively
o common ones (helpful words) that are of interest for some users
  there can grow a database of different collections
o private ones (this verse has helped me -- possibly with commentary) that only
  affect me -- of course I may change this verses with my sisters and brothers!

I think all of us have some verses in our bibles marked.  This system will help
to mark, share marks and help for searching:
  give me all verses from parables that speak about the vineyard of the LORD.

And nothing with red letters (at least by default) ;-))

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/