[sword-devel] Format of the various Sword text modules
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:41:10 +0200
I'm new to the Sword development effort, so please forgive me if I ask a
couple of dumb and/or annoying questions...
I currently have two broad questions:
- I've noticed that Sword supports a number of different text formats. Is
there a list of all formats supported by Sword?
- For each supported text format, does the following exist:
- Documentation about the actual file formats and structures used by each
text format (module?)
- Documentation about the APIs used to manipulate texts of the particular
- Documentation describing how to prepare a new text of a particular
Why I ask is that I have done a lot of work in manipulating the OTA
(pointed, accented) BHS text into a format where each <CR><LF>-delimited
line of text contains a single verse, suitable for easy verse indexing and
I haven't yet been able to compile the Sword library in my Windows VC++
environment, but hopefully that'll happen soon. When it does, I'd like to
create a (pointed, accented) BHS text module for use with the Sword Library.
Any comments/documentation/notes/etc. will be greatly appreciated.