[sword-devel] search idea

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:36:38 +0000

Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> On Saturday, 15 January, 2000 18:06:33, Ted Rolle <ted@acacia.datacomm.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone looked at the advantages/disadvantages of using SourceForge for
> > this effort?
>
> Now it's my turn to ask a question that I should know the answer to "What is
> SourceForge?"

http://www.sourceforge.net.

It's an Open Source software project repository.  They provide nearly
everything you need to run an open source project.  It provides a lot of
infrastructure for managing the project so that you can get on with the coding.

And it's also completely free.  It's run by VA Linux systems, and it really
rocks!

Personally, unless Troy is feeling that he's not coping with running the
infrastructure, then it's not worth the effort to change, but if it's becoming
too expensive or time-consuming for him, then it's worth a look.
--
Paul
---------