[sword-devel] Cryptography Sapphire.zip and US export controls

Glenn Reed sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 08:21:42 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi,

I am having a hard job getting this file without going through US sites
and I don't want to bring your project into disrepute by getting the FEDS
involved.

I have done an 'alta vista' and 'yahoo' search without and success.

If there really are loop holes in the US export laws that are big enough
to drive a truck through can someone please email me the file as an
attachment.  Again I wonder why the Lockman Foundation, Zondervan
Corporation etc are insisting on military strength encryption for their
modules.  Wouldn't a lesser strength encryption do?

Anyway if someone sends me the file I can host it on my web page for any
out-of-US developers.

Regards
Glenn.