[sword-devel] format of modules: is it STEP or?

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:43:57 -0700

> I'm sure this has been covered in the past, but I'm new to the list so
> please have patience with me ;-)
>
> Is there a FAQ or other documentation that describes the requirements for
> generating a module which Sword can utilize?  I've downloaded the
> information about STEP, but am not yet sure whether the current modules are
> STEP-compatible or represent an older/different interface standard?

There are no STEP drivers written yet for SWORD.  We have the
decompression algorythms for STEP in our code, but nothing to parse
their specific format or tags.

I really need to write a HOWTO on module development.  I'll work on it.
For now, you may wish to see the *idx.c[pp] files strewn throughout the
source tree.  These are all different programs written to generate the
needed .vss or .idx index files needed by SWORD.

	-Troy.