[sword-devel] ISO statically linked setup
Troy A. Griffitts
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:38:13 -0700
Yeah! I finally got the setup.gtk setup and installmgr all statically
linked. They are NOT small, but they seem to work much better.
setup.gtk is +4M and installmgr is +10M!
installmgr has be de-gnomified. There are now only gtk+ calls. It
still looks almost the same. We lost 2 images: install and remove, as
they were standard gnome buttons, but we can make them use our pixmaps
in the future.
I actually got the install to complete on a Corel Linux machine--
amazing! They are running libc5 and a bunch of other very strange
stuff, so I'm happy about this one.
Corel linux results:
setup.gtk was not automatically executed because the setup.sh script
checked for glibc6.1 and did not find it. When setup.gtk is run
manually, it 'looks' like it works, but no slots are called for
events... strange... setup.sh defaulted to textonly mode and the text
install ran fine.
statically linked installmgr ran great.
Bibletime would not run, error loading shared libraries: libqt.so.1
cheatah ran surprisingly (even though it was dynamically linked to
OK, I just tried to run setup.gtk on my RH61 system and slots are not
called here either. This could be a good thing. Maybe if we get it
working it will run on Corel also.
Well, I think we are still making progress. Slow as it may be.