[sword-devel] setup / iso / mini

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:12:01 -0700

New ISO image is on the site: /pub/sword/iso

'image' is moved to 'latest'

'mini' contains a symbolically linked directory structure for a small
download to test installs for the cd.  There are 4 modules included with
mini.

mini.tar.[gz|bz2] is from 'mini' (16 megs-- is this still too big,
Torsten?  I can try to cut out even more)

setup now does a much better job with icons.  It looks for a redhat
install first and places menu links in /etc/X11/applnk, then tries
KDEDIR, and then `gnome-config --prefix`, then falls back to some likely
directories like /usr/share/gnome/apps, /usr/share/applnk/,
/opt/kde/share/applnk/, then finally to the users home dir:
~/.kde/share/applnk/, ~/.gnome/apps/

setup will now also parse new options for <binary> tags in setup.xml:
menu="Submenu/Submenu/..." and name="Application Name"  These do a much
better job with handling multiple binary entries.

I think our setup is almost there.  The only big issue from my point of
view is shared libraries-- for the setup tool itself if glibc6.1 and
gtk+ are not install, installmgr, and our apps.

Seems to work great on a Windows box or RH6.1 box with gnome and kde
installed :)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE ON YOUR CONFIGURATION.  I'm hoping
we'll get more feedback now with a much smaller test download
(mini.tar.gz).

	God's blessings!
		-Troy.