[sword-devel] Comments on Sword ISO Image

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:36:08 GMT

A few comments on the ISO image.

First, thanks for the great work!

The meaning of a tmp directory on a CD-ROM eludes me.  You may want to pick
a more meaningful name.

The inclusion of keys.txt in the root directory may minimize the
effectiveness of module encryption.

There also appears to be a significant amount of redundancy.  Eliminating
the redundancy could reduce the size of the ISO image.  Every little bit
helps.

I have burned CDs based on the non-compressed ISO, and the gzipped, and
neither has successfully exececuted the autorun in Windows 95.  This could
be my burning software, but I thought it was worth noting.

I enjoyed the personal pictures.  You may want to explain the white
rectangle in the family picture.  My assumption is that you didn't like how
you looked...

Again, thanks for the hard work.

--
   Darwin Gregory