Kristof Petr sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 16:38:39 +0100

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:

> ANNOUNCING the availability of an ISO9660 CDROM IMAGE on the FTP site,
> finally!
> :)
> Sorry for the delay, I was trying to get the installmgr usable before I
> built another CDROM master.  /pub/sword/iso/ is the place.  Go easy on
> the ftp server as this is a FULL cdrom image.  Please do not download
> unless you are really going to test and/or use the image.

> Please let me know your thoughts.  Also, I haven't retested any of the
> WIN32 functionality in a while.  I haven't changed it lately (unless
> inadvertently) so I'm hoping there will be no problems.

Hello Troy,

Im afraid you are riding the bad horse. You are wasting the time
with installmgr and ISO CD, but there are main complaints
in base design of Sword.

I say it many times before. The Sword is unusable.

MS Windows uses different code pages contrary unixies.
(CP 1250 contra ISO8859-2 in midle Europe for example).

You cannt provide one the same module for two platforms.
About 1/3 characters are unreadable.