[sword-devel] Update on Recent Posting

WILLIAM CASKEY sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:45:05 -0600

Since my earlier posting, I've been exploring Sword more. I indicated a
problem with Philippians 3:19 appearing as if no CipherKey were entered in
the conf file for NKJV. More exploring revealed this to be true for the
"entire" NT. I downloaded the raw text, copied over the existing files and
now everything works fine.

I also suggested not using an I-bar cursor in the text, dictionary, and
commentary windows as it might confuse users. I understand the permission of
a cursor is to allow selecting text for copying. May I suggest not allowing
the cursor to appear in the window, using crHandPoint as the mouse cursor
over the windows, and still permit the highlighting necessary to copy, etc?
I think this will be more consistent with the standard Windows GUI.

Still got to get to the Linux install. My Linux system is down for a
complete re-install, switching from Gnome to KDE and probably switching
distribtutions. RH 6.0 does some unconventional things that are starting to
get worrisome.

Keep up the good work, guys!

Bill