[sword-devel] Preparing a bible text module from raw text

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:53:27 EST

Fred,
     This is probably not what you are looking for, I do not know what an OLB
module is but it probably is not "raw text."  (OLB = Online Bible? ) At this
site, http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912, look
for:

Utility Programs
prn2sword.exe (430,080 bytes; 19-Apr-1999)    Used to create a SWORD module
from an installed OLB Bible text.
olb2sword.exe (102,912 bytes; 13-Jun-1998)    OLD tool to directly read an
installed DOS OLB module and produce a SWORD module

     At the above page it was stated that CVS could be used to get the source
for Sword.  Sorry, but I am not familiar with CVS.  The information that I
have concerning CVS is at the bottom of this e-mail.  Is CVS simular to
telnet?  Or do I telnet to use CVS?  In the meantime I will search the net
for more information.
     Thank you.

Mark
**********
What Is CVS?

CVS is a version control system, which allows you to keep old versions
of files (usually source code), keep a log of who, when, and why
changes occurred, etc., like RCS or SCCS.  It handles multiple
developers, multiple directories, triggers to enable/log/control
various operations, and can work over a wide area network.  The
following tasks are not included; they can be done in conjunction with
CVS but will tend to require some script-writing and software other
than CVS: bug-tracking, build management (that is, make and make-like
tools), and automated testing.

And a whole lot more.  See the manual for more information.