[sword-devel] Gnomesword problem

Jimmie Houchin sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:04:13 -0600

Hello,

I've lurked here awhile and have attempted a few time to get Sword to
compile on my RH 6.2 system. I finally got it to compile and began
working on Gnome Sword. I finally got it to compile. When I type
gnomesword in a terminal window it gives me this error:

"gnomesword: error in loading shared libraries: libsword.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have a libsword.so file in my /usr/local/sword/lib directory. I don't
know what I am doing wrong, I haven't a clue. I have searched my archive
of the messages to this list and have found no help.

Any light that can be provided would be of great blessing.

Thanks,

Jimmie Houchin