[sword-devel] ThML drivers, diatheke update, & addvs utility

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:14:56 -0800

> How should frontends handle the fonts?
> For greek parts you use a font which is not available on
> Unix/Linux. Should
> each frontend change the filters and use its own versions or how
> should it be
> done?

Is the problem that the fonts simply don't come with Linux or that they
can't be installed?  I had thought that most Linuxes (maybe Unixes too?)
could support truetype.  If there is another font that we could use, I can
change the filter.  Generally, I don't think we should use Symbol for all
Greek parts since it doesn't complain the full Greek character set.

Changing the filters on a per frontend basis is probably a bad idea.

--Chris