[sword-devel] American Bible Society - XML Initiative

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:44:26 -0700

I just got off the phone with Mike Perez with ABS about a new initiative
that they are planning with XML.  They are researching different Bible
markups and hope the develop a common standard that they can get pushed
through W3C.

I've told them the obvious, "Check out ThML and GBF", and that we would
be willing to help them at every phase of develoment.  They seem to be
on their toes, already.  They may have an engineer subscribe to our dev
forum to hear all of your lovely input (please pray for his sanity) ;)

Just wanted to pass on the exiting news!

		-Troy.