[sword-devel] fast searching support

Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:33:18 -0700

One more time,
	Sorry for all the traffic.

	I've done some preliminary profiling on the 1.5.x thread.  Found some
ugly things that were going on with the locale functionality and added a
cache.  I've removed the top 2 timehogs from the prof report and found
that things are a little more of what I had expected from the search
mechanism.  Still not as fast as I would like with searches that return
large datasets, but it is much better.  These changes should speed up
things throughout the library.  They may also break things thoughout the
library :)  So please let me know if you notice any strange behaviour--
especially with locale features.

	-Troy.