[sword-devel] bug in SWORD's bible structure representation

Pergamum sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:30:21 -0500

Solomon,

I know that sometimes these side topics become somewhat distracting so I
would prefer actually to make my final comment in private email. I
unfortunately don't know how to pick single addresses out of a group email
list. In this case however since I opened my mouth in front of the whole
group it is only appropriate that I complete my comments in the same manner
so that accountability may be made to all I may have offended or confused by
my comment. As I said, I apologize for jumping the gun earlier. But I feel I
need to explain my comment on salvation. In a sense I guess it was in the
same humor context that your original post was. I was trying to demonstrate
what a small problem the Philemon 1:1 thing seemed. It was not a glitch (or
feature) that affected the text of the book in any meaningful way, nor would
it's existence mislead someone through wrongful reading and make them miss
the key to Salvation. I was trying to compare it to a glitch tantamount to
say, an accidental omission of John 3:16 or 14:6. However I do think my
rather pointed tone blew the sarcasm right out of the letter. I honestly
should have known better than to think someone on the list here would
actually be trying to disrupt the work.
I hope you can forgive my oversight.

In Christ Jesus,
Pergamum