[sword-devel] bug in SWORD's bible structure representation

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 20:17:00 -0700 (MST)

Phm works also to call up Philemon.  The reason for which Phil calls up
Philemon rather than Philippians is that Philemon simply comes first
alphabetically.

Phm may be the abbreviation you're accustomed to, but there are no
standard accepted abbreviations that the whole of Christendom recogonize,
so we have to try to accomodate as many of the many standards (every Bible
and every Church seems to have its own unique set) as we can.

SWORD (and I assume BibleTime) should accept "Phm 1:1" just fine and
retrieve Philemon 1:1.  If you don't give a chapter number, and just query
"Phm 12" expecting verse 12, you'll actually get Hebrews 11:1 because the
library just counts to the 12th chapter past Philemon's start.

--Chris Little