[sword-devel] WIN32 EXE

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 00:59:30 -0700

For the last week I've been picking at RC4 to try and make it break or
see if there are any other problems that I might find in code logic.
I've had no luck.  Here are my conclusions:

    I've placed a new binary of the 1.4.7 source tree compile with
CBuilder4.  Please see if this behaves any better for any bug that you
still see in RC4.  The 2 URLS are as follows:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword.exe

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword_c4.exe

The former is the old RC4.  You may want to redownload if you're not
sure that you have the latest (don't compare file sizes, they may not
have changed, please redownload before reporting bugs).

The latter is built on the previous release of CBuilder-- version 4.

The only outstanding bugs of which I know, that anyone's reported are:

    o searching in NIV
    o personal commentary not working

Both of these work fine for me under 98a and NT4SP5.

I'm considering the slate clean, so please REPOST a bug report if you
find any problems in sword.exe and then also report if the same
erroneous behaviour occurs in sword_c4.exe

Thank you very much.  Also, if anyone finds that the two features in
question above work for them, please also post this information with
your OS info.  I'd like to confirm that it's not just me for whom things
are working well.

Let's get this wrapped up and send out CDs!  I can't wait to get things
finished!!!  I feel so irresponsible with the backlog of orders.  :(

Everyone has been SOOOOOO helpful in this process.  I can't express how
much I appreciate everyone's involvement.

    -Troy.

PS.  I don't know if any of you remember my solicitation for prayers as
I've been house hunting, but I think I've found a responsible house at a
good purchase price and am trying to follow thru with all the red tape
involved.  I still appreciate your prayers.  Also, my folks are trying
to transition from fulltime employment, to opening a small business, and
have anxiously been awaiting word from the bank for financing.  Again,
your prayer are much appreciated-- for the funds and the anxiety :)
Praise God!  He's so good.