[sword-devel] RC4 debug version

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:43:57 -0700

Well, I tried to make RC4 crash by searching the NIV and couldn't make
it die.  I also remembered reports of the 'Personal' commentary module
not correctly working.  I also tried this and it seemed to work fine for
me.  So, I've uploaded a debug version of RC4.  You should be able to
get it from:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword_db.exe

This version has all kinds of error checking compiled in.  It will
create a log file.  If you can get it to crash, please send me the log
file (titled: sword.cgl).

It is IMMENSLY slow due to the extra error checks.  Searches of an
entire module should take minutes, not seconds.  But it will be a great
help if we can get a log of a crash on your system!  Thanks!

    -Troy.

PS.  If you look at the log file, you will see all kinds of 'function
failures'.  These are normal.  They are merely function calls that
returned a known error status.  Also, there are still a few 'resource
leaks' reported, but these seem to be due to the STL implementation not
completely freeing all of its resources.