[sword-devel] RC4 debug version

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:43:57 -0700

Well, I tried to make RC4 crash by searching the NIV and couldn't make
it die.  I also remembered reports of the 'Personal' commentary module
not correctly working.  I also tried this and it seemed to work fine for
me.  So, I've uploaded a debug version of RC4.  You should be able to
get it from:

This version has all kinds of error checking compiled in.  It will
create a log file.  If you can get it to crash, please send me the log
file (titled: sword.cgl).

It is IMMENSLY slow due to the extra error checks.  Searches of an
entire module should take minutes, not seconds.  But it will be a great
help if we can get a log of a crash on your system!  Thanks!

PS.  If you look at the log file, you will see all kinds of 'function
failures'.  These are normal.  They are merely function calls that
returned a known error status.  Also, there are still a few 'resource
leaks' reported, but these seem to be due to the STL implementation not
completely freeing all of its resources.