[sword-devel] WIN32RC4 available

Bill Caskey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:49:43 -0500

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Jerry Hastings wrote:
> At 05:05 PM 4/17/2000 -0500, WILLIAM CASKEY wrote:
> >I've checked these out on my Windows NT 4.00.1381 (SP4) and Windows 98
> >(updated via Windows update) and all open and work correctly...Bill
>
> Thanks for the info, Bill. Any idea why Win2000 is having a problem with them?
>
> Jerry

I don't have any idea why Win2000 doesn't seem to be working; I haven't even
seen Win2000 yet. I do know that we are not migrating any of our people (either
Win98 or NT 4) to Win2000 because of incompatibilities with a variety of
software used on the workstations and network. Apparently, some of the stuff
under the hood is significantly different and not necessarily backwards
compatible. Some have indicated problems with Microsoft Office suite earlier
than 2000...Bill

 --  Bill Caskey