[sword-devel] new WIN32 binary

DeMeulenaere, Darren sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:18:07 -0700

I downloaded the sword.exe and replaced it.  I did a search for "God's Love"
(expression) and it came up with a few verses, one being John 5:42.  While
looking at it in the WEB bible I noticed a typo, may have already been fixed
but i will place it below.  I then started changing between bible text
modules, and NIV, NAU had weird text, and would not show the correct verse.
Below you will see what I saw.  I then brought the old version of sword
1.4.6 back and all displayed fine except for the typo in WEB.  It seems that
it could be something to do with encryption, do I need something new to view
these files, I downloaded the text modules awhile ago, do I need to update
them?  Anyway I am running on Win95b

WEB - 42But I know you, that you() don't have God's love in yourselves

NIV (it seems the verses are being cut off) -

20For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your
amazement he will show him even greater things than these.@r 21For just as
the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life
to whom he is pleased to give it.c 22Moreover, the Father judges no one,
but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,r 23that all may honor the Son
just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor
the Father, who sent him.s 24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word
and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he
has crossed over from death to life.h 25I tell you the truth, a time is
coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God
and those who hear will live.am 26For as the Father has life in himself, so
he has granted the Son to have life in himself. mb 27And he has given him
authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.a 28"Do not be amazed at
this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his
voice

This is the last verse that shows up.

NAU -

40and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.'u 41"I do
not receive glory from men;|e 42but I know you, that you do not have the
love of God in yourselves.m 43"I have come in My Father's name, and you do
not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.7t
44"How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do
not seek the glory that is from the [one and] only God?Xs 45"Do not think
that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses,
in whom you have set your hope. 46"For if you believed Moses, you would
believe Me, for he wrote about Me.a 47"But if you do not believe his
writings, how will you believe My words?"a

NASB (this is all it shows) -

Chapter 5

1AFTER these things there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to
Jerusalem.-t 2Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is
called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes.t 3In these lay a
multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, [waiting for
the moving of the waters; 4for an angel of the Lord went down at certain
seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after
the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease
with which he was afflicted.]Ws 5A man was there who had been ill for
thirty-eight years.s 6When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had
already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, Do you wish to
get well?Sm 7The sick man answered Him, Sir, I have no man to put me into
the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps
down before me.t

At 04:36 PM 4/10/2000 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>rc1 binary for WIN32 is available on the alpha page:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword.e
xe