[sword-devel] WIN32rc2 / Custom Search Range Ideas?

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:35:05 -0700

At 01:59 PM 4/11/2000 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>How is the speed of the parser / listbox refresh as you type in the
>Define Custom Range form?  Is it annoyingly slow on your computer or is
>it usable?

On this 266 PII the update is as fast as I type. Not that I type fast. ;-)

>I think it's cool to see it update as you type.

Yes.

>How is the parse syntax logic?  I tried to make it intuitive.  does it
>parse ranges as you would expect?

It seems good to me, and because you can see how it takes what you enter as
you enter it, you know if you did something wrong right away.

>I would like to include a bunch of predefined verse sets like:
>New Testament
>Old Testament
>Paul's Epistles
>etc.

Good.

>If anyone has any custom ranges that they have defined that they feel
>are useful, please email the range text to the list.

Moses/Pentateuch/Torah  Gen-Deu
Prophets Isa-Mal
Gospels Mat-John
Poetry and Wisdom Job-Song; Lam
History Jos-Est
Letters/Epistles Rom-Jude

New problem: if you try to edit an existing custom range in the Maintain
Custom Range window and start entering new data at the begging of the
existing data you can produce the following error:

Access violation at address 6E657320. Read of address 6E657320.

Jerry