[sword-devel] Important: Different encodings

Krištof Petr sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:52:25 +0200

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Just to make sure I understand it: You said changing the font in the config file is the only way to solve this problem ?
> Right?

No. You must change encoding of text.  You can use GNU recode utility to do it.
cat ot.bad | recode oldcoding..newcoding > ot.right

It is not real problem. Every user can fix it by himself easy.

There is more interesting thing. Different translations of Bible splits
books in different number of chapters and splits chapter in different number
of verses. For example, Malachi has 3 chapters in one translation and 4 chapters
in another translation. The situation with Psalms or Revelation (and other books)
is similiar.
But sword handles all version of Bible like KJV, so you are in deep !@#$%^.
I cannt tell you more details, I didnt watch it more accurate.

P.