[sword-devel] Problems with Bible Time on RedHat 6.1

Darwin Gregory sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:12:04 -0800 (PST)

I am having problems getting a proper completion for configure on
RedHat 6.1

I am using the latest Sword (1.4.6) and Bible Time (0.2)

Redhat 6.1 has KDE 1.1.2 and two versions of qt (1.44 and 2.0.1)

The configure script can find the qt and kde libraries but there is a
problem when a test compile is done saying to check whether the same
compiler was used for qt and libkde.

My initial thought was to try to get configure to use qt 2.0.1, but I
know nothing about automake, nor about whether this would be biting off
more than I can chew.   My initisl efforts cause different failures,
that mean even less to me than the initial failure.

What are some suggestions.

1) To get BibleTime working for my personal use

2) To determine what changes to BibleTime install procedures would be
best for future use by the BibleTime project

I know that these two may have different answers, and both are
important to me.   However, for somewhat selfish reasons I would really
like to get BibleTime working soon.

=====
... Darwin Gregory

I am a creationist.
You can be too, just check out the facts!