[sword-devel] Legal ?

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:14:40 -0700

At 10:59 11/23/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I agree. It is not the same as the Hebrew texts of which we DO have
>ancient copies. The Massoretic text goes back 1000 years and we
>find that it is only differed from the Dead Sea Scrolls  by 9 words in
>Genesis. And these 9 words are simply language evolution. It
>doies not even change the meaning. So where as we see the Hebrew text so
>frequented across the net in freely available forms. The
>same will most likely never be seen of the greek since the greek
>compilations are "made up". In otherwords. The actually greek NT
>never existed in its NA form. USB/NA simply compiled a "version" by
>organizing the fragments in a way they felt is homogeneous.

Actually, there are several Public Domain Greek New Testaments available.
Dr. Maurice Robinson's Byzantine Majority Text is a work that some people
(including me) believe is actually more accurate than the UBS/NA text, and
Dr. Robinson intentionally and irrevocably dedicated it to the Public Domain.

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
http://ebible.org/mpj