[sword-devel] NET - New English Translation

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 11:05:17 -0700

--=====================_1245253==_.ALT

At 11:33 AM 11/20/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Has anyone here heard about the New English Translation (NET) bible? Their
>web site claims that it's accurate than the NIV and more readable than the
>NASB.  They have positive quotes from many evangelical leaders.  Moreover,
>they allow you to download the text from the Web and print a copy "for
>personal study".

I've looked at it. (There is a link to it from my http://ebible.org/bible).
My first impression is that it is very well done, and has some good notes.

There is also the Easy Reading Version (Modern English, with short
sentences, originally designed to be signed among the deaf) at the World
Center for Bible Translation that can be downloaded for personal use. (Also
linked to from my site.)

I asked once over a year ago for the NET, but they hadn't decided what to
do, at that time. It is probably time for someone to ask again, officially.

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
mpj@eBible.org    http://ebible.org/mpj

--=====================_1245253==_.ALT

At 11:33 AM 11/20/99 +0200, you wrote:<br>
Translation (NET) bible? Their<br>
web site claims that it's accurate than the NIV and more readable than
the<br>
NASB.&nbsp; They have positive quotes from many evangelical
leaders.&nbsp; Moreover,<br>
they allow you to download the text from the Web and print a copy
&quot;for<br>
personal study&quot;.</blockquote><br>
I've looked at it. (There is a link to it from my
My first impression is that it is very well done, and has some good
notes.<br>
There is also the Easy Reading Version (Modern English, with short
sentences, originally designed to be signed among the deaf) at the World
Center for Bible Translation that can be downloaded for personal use.
(Also linked to from my site.)<br>
I asked once over a year ago for the NET, but they hadn't decided what to
do, at that time. It is probably time for someone to ask again,
officially.<br>
Johnson&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;