[sword-devel] New Download JSP

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:50:39 -0700

> Surely JSP can specify the name.  If not, might be time to investigate PHP...

Paul, the problem is not with the server side method being used.  Both
JSPs and PHP can render anything they wish to the browser.  It is a
problem with the browser defaulting the filename to the last section of
the URI.

http://www.crosswire.org/servlet/SwordMod.zip?modName=SpaRV

Now I could change the URI for each module, but then I would have to
make my web server treate .zip files specially, passing any ZIP file
extension to a servlet.  Not sure how we can do this.  I could
dynamically create a 'zip' servlet in a new package on the fly for each
request to handle that download, but that sucks.

I'm hoping for some magic that someone knows about that I can return to
the browser to force it's download filename.

> Is there a Windoze version of GNU wget?  It does it all for you: proxies, multiple
> protocols, transfer resumption, date stamp checking - the works.  I use it whenever i
> want a copy of a large portion of a web or ftp site (like Red Hat package updates).

Not sure.  Never used it.  Maybe you could use it to port InstallMgr to
linux. :)
		-Troy.