[sword-devel] THE BIGGEST BUG ;-)

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 17:05:15 +0000

Hi!

I discovered a REALLY BIG BUG! It's a big memory leak! The bug occurs in every
SWORD 1.4x version.

Open BibleTime, set the lower search bound in the searchscope dialog to
something like "Matthew"  and type in the upper bound _nothing_. (no text).
Start search for a word like "Jesus".
Wait 10 minutes and your computer will be DEAD!

SWORD searches until infinity and will eat every mem avaible

SWORD on the notesbook of my brother is blocked since 30 minutes.

Perhaps it's necessary to relaese a SWORD 1.45a  with fixed search-scope
handling.

I suppose to search until the end of the bible if no upper searchbound was
given.
Just my 2 cents.

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de