[sword-devel] Download mechanism

Troy A. Griffitts sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:12:51 -0700

OK, not sure what happened.  Went to check for corrupt packages again
today and found a few.  I delete them and expected the usual "Internal
Server Error" from apache that we were getting when creating them, but
no error.

I'm not thinking anyone changed the Java code on the server, but it does
seem to work flawlessly now.  I've recreated over 50 modules now from
both the windows and raw download package links and it never fails.  I
have my suspicious about what might have been the problem previously:
  o	swap file on server may be too big for the kernel
  o	netscape may have been asking for header info for the
	cached link and timed out sooner stopping the thread, and now
	that all my links are considered new, it work.

Regardless, praise God that it works.  Weeks ago I tried everything in
my power to figure it out to no avail.

unzipped all of the windows packages and compared to the original
repository with diff -r
diff verified that every bit of data was exactly the same, save 2
modules: vines and reed.
I didn't recreate vines because it is not properly enciphered, and reed
is not showing up in the list (probably a .conf problem, or off by 1 in
my loop.  I'll check the raw repository like this also.

But just wanted to praise God for this blessing.