[sword-devel] Tech question: a comnmentary by any other name, and season's greetings

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 01:27:30 -0700

Well, the cheezy way is to just know that all modules of driver type
RawFiles are writable.  The write interface is in the base SWModule
class, but this is the only subclass that implements the interface.  A
better way (for future modules that may support it) would be to check
the return of a write call and see if you get something like
SWModule::NOT_IMPLEMENTED back (I thinks it's -1 right now, but I will
put the define in for you).

Having said that, I don't see any other writable module types on the
near horizon, so you would be safe to use method (a) and just check for:
ModDrv=RawFiles