[sword-devel] Tech question: a comnmentary by any other name, and season's greetings

Pergamum sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 21:43:04 -0600

Well howdy howdy folks!  Everybody's favorite redneck loudmouth is back!!
Sorry I dropped off the face of the planet lately.  I was busy getting ready
for the holidays and taking care of responsibilities outside the matrix.  At
any rate I logged on and was smothered beneath a kurgan* of emails from
[sword-devel] alone.  At first look about 100 or so.  I think I'm just going
to try to fake it and play "catch-up" without going through them all.  One
thing I *did* notice was someone wanting to start a "free the bible"
campaign to try to get Zondervan (owners of Beavis and Butthead), Nelson,
et. al. to relax their restrictions on use of their "copyrighted"
translations of GOD's Word.  I'm not sure if anything formal has been
started to that end but I am indeed in favor of it and would like to help
where needed.  I know at least the "letter-writing" aspect of it but if
anything more structured is in the works let me know what I can do.
(*For those that are curious, the word of the day is "kurgan".  "Kurgan" is
an ancient Schythian word meaning "burial mound".  One of many absolutely
useless facts that I remember.  Too bad I can't remember when my auto
insurance payment is due.)

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all GOD's blessings and
a showering of the love of Christ Jesus on this Christmas as you <hopefully>
spend it with your loved ones.  Merry Christmas all!

Now, as promised, I actually have a "technical" question that actually fits
being on this mail thread.  I am perhaps asking a no-brainer here and look
like a moron.  However I have yet to see this addressed in the forum since
I've been signed up.  My biggest *personal* thrill about the Sword Project
is my ability to actually write my own commentaries on the Word of GOD that
may be hopefully used to further the growth of the body of Christ here on
Earth.  To this end is also my problem.  I am unsure how to rename the
personal commentary module to something more specific so that I may download
more Personal Commentary modules and work on more than one at  a time.
Something tells me that it is a tad  more complicated than a simple "rename
file" command.  If this has been addressed already and I'm merely flogging a
dead horse then I apologize but any assistance in this matter will be
greatly appreciated.

Also, something I've been trying to do lately is to get bibles (paper,
electronic, software, *any* medium) and other Christian literature into
Russia, China, and India.  Any and all prayers in this matter would also be
much obliged.

I think I've babbled on (no pun intended) long enough.  Merry Christmas to
all, and to all a good night!

GOD Bless,
In Christ Jesus,
Pergamum (Skip)