[sword-devel] LXX

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:25:50 -0800

We have one in progress (though it is posted for d/l already).  The module
is called brenton.  (Sir Lancelot C. L. Brenton is the translator of this,
the standard English LXX Translation).  Unfortunately, it uses LXX verse
numbering so it's been a lot of work converting it to match KJV verse
numbering.  I'm going to take a look at the OLB "LXXE" module to see if I
can complete a final version of our module.  I assume it is also Brenton's
translation.

Unfortunately, both are lacking the Apocrypha that should be included with
this translation.  Once CCEL's edition of the Brenton text is complete (see
http://www.ccel.org/bible/brenton) we may be able to add this, but it
doesn't appear to be progressing very quickly.  (I haven't seen it updated
in the last 8 months.)

--Chris