[sword-devel] libsword for Win32

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:14:10 -0800

How the heck do I get libsword compiled on Win32? :)  My objetive is to
compile a set of indexing tools for Win32 and Linux so that others can start
creating modules.  Ideally, maybe we could create a Win32 .dll so that a VB
module creation app could be created.

Can we still not get libsword compiled usign VC++?  Does Cygwin work?  (I
tried it, but it gave a bunch of strange errors I've never encountered with
Linux gcc/g++.)  Cygwin would be idea since it would make writing
cross-platform code easy.  I have a 60 day trial of C++ Builder, but still I
wouldn't know how to build a .dll and I couldn't figure out whether it was
trying to build a .lib.

--Chris