[sword-devel] Copyright Scripture distribution

George Washington Dunlap III sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:23:02 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, James Gross wrote:

> Also, does anyone know where I might get a Turkish language version of
> Linux? I will be moving back to Turkey in a few months and would like to buy
> a cdrom with a Turkish Linux distro on it.  That would be just the ticket to
> drive my wife crazy. :) If there isn't any such item, does anyone know where
> I might get a Turkish font set?

Yo, I'm in Turkey right now, although I'll be moving back to the US in a
month.  =)  I've got a friend with a Turkish Linux distribution CD, so
they certainly exist; although, I think he d/l'd his distribution from an
FTP site.  I'll ask him where to buy/download.

As to the Turkish NT, if no one is working on an electronic version, I
know one of the 'workers' here who are almost finished making a new
translation into Turkish.  They must have internal electronic versions
around somewhere; they may be willing to let you use it to make a SWORD
encoding. (Then again, based on some of those letters, maybe not.)  At any
rate, I'll ask him Sunday.

Returning to Turkey?  What do you do?  Where will you be?  I'm a graduate
student in Computer Science studying at Bilkent University, Ankara this
semester.  Next semester I'll be back at the University of Michigan.  Such
a wierd coincidence!

 -George Dunlap