[sword-devel] Copyright Scripture distribution

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 22:30:34 -0800

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Purchasing a stock in a company allows you to attend stock holders meetings.
> Perhaps that could be an option for getteng someone's attention.
>
> Also those of us who donate money to organizations such as ABS could put
> pressure on them--of course I do not think my $30.00 I gave them this year
> would buy much influence. :-)
>
> David

Hi David,

A very interesting point! Does anyone know who directs the Bible societies?
Someone must be in charge of appointing their board. That suggests two
possibilities: first, get someone on their board who is committed to free
distribution of scripture. Second, call them up and say "I have X dollars that
I would have donated to you if you were committed to making scripture free to
everyone." Unfortunately, I think the likelihood of the first option happening
is low and the effect of the second would be minimal without a lot of support.

Anyone want to start a "Free the Bible" campaign?

In Christ,

Joel