[sword-devel] Copyright Scripture distribution

David Burry sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:34:39 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, The Schmidts wrote:
> if the chinese government wants to mis-quote scripture, they're not
> going to let such a little thing as copyrights stand in their way [and
> who are you going to sue, in what court, if they violate your
> copyright ;-) ] )

As one who has spent 4 years in China studying and teaching, let me assure
anyone who might have any doubts that this is a very good point!  ;-)  It
does help a little to keep the main government from blatantly and
publically admitting or bragging to changing scripture, but in practice
doesn't offer any real protection.

Dave

--
TAGnet