[sword-devel] thml widget ?

Birger Langkjer sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 20:55:44 +0100

Den tir, 07 dec 1999 05:53:45 Chris Little skrev:
> > I've found some errors in the danish bible module and fixed them, they
> were mostly errors from scanning and I have a copy of the original, so it's
> alright. However the verses are no longer right, so I figured I must rebuild
> the *.vvs file or modify the original file that the sword module was build
> from. Do you know how I can do this? I want to help out with this,
> especially since I want to use it myself ;-)
> >
> > I tried asking Troi and on the list but I didn't get an answer yet.
> There is actually no easy way to reindex Bibles since there are no indexers
> that will take the format that the modules are stored in as an input format.
> (Commentary and LD modules are a different case since they remain in the
> format that their respective indexers expect.)
> The best way to reindex, that I can think of, is to print out the entire
> text using my commandline frontend from
> http://www.gotjesus.org/diatheke/diatheke-2.0.tar.gz .  The command would be
> something like "diatheke -b Dan Gen1:1-Rev22:21".  Then use the rawtxidx
> indexer, whose source is in the ~sword/src/modules/texts/rawtext directory
> to build a new index.  This could very likely turn up some errors though in
> the indexing because I'm not entirely certain of the format that rawtxidx
> requires.
> If you don't feel like going through all that, you could email me a patch
> file of your ot & nt files (or the whole module if you prefer) and I can get
> a new version of the Danish Bible module indexed and put on the SWORD site
> fairly quickly.

That would be excellent, do you prefer diff -u or normal diff ?

If indexing is so complicated and easy to break, thml is probably the way to go.
Maybe we should instead take the copy of the danish bible from Project Gutenberg
and convert it to thml. I've done some proofreading on this text before so it
should be in better condition than Sword's precent version. Project Runeberg has
made a html version of it so maybe I can ask them if I can borrow their script
or whatever they used. Or perhaps it would be easier to convert their version

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Birger Langkjer