[sword-devel] thml widget ?

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 14:15:38 -0800

> Is there somewhere already a widget for displaying thml ?
No.  I've got ThML to HTML SWORD filters working, you'll still need to add
support for them in BT.  The ThML to HTML conversion is fairly accurate, but
you may wish to make a descendant of the HTML widget you're using if you
want to take advantage of some of ThML's more specialized tags.  It's not
really necessary though since the text renders to HTML fine.  An example of
the output to HTML from a ThML module is
http://bible.gotjesus.org/cgi-bin/diatheke.pl?verse=gen1%3A1&Scofield=on but
unfortunately this doesn't use any features except for the bold/italic
markup we were using before with GBF.

Various factors like the term paper I have to write and my having a cold
permitting, I should be finished with the ThML filters on Monday.

> Will thml be used in SWORD? (modules ...)

Yes.  Scofield in English is already in ThML format and ready to post as
soon as I get the filters released.  Scofield in German, Matthew Henry's
Commentary in English and a few others should be ready soon.  After that I'm
going to start converting GBF commentaries and LDs into ThML since there are
also problems regarding the lack of carriage return characters at the ends
of lines.

--Chris Little