[sword-devel] New Download JSP

Gary Stone sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 17:11:59 -0500

Greetings to the list,

I have been trying to unsubscribe and followed the directions given and
received the confirmation that I had been removed from the list.  Well,
I keep getting these post.  I just don't have the time to focus on this
at this time.  Any ideas for getting off the list?

Gary

> OK,
>    This response may be a tad bit late, but. . . It'd be really nice if you could modify
> the servlet to report the file size of the file to the browser so I'd know how large the
> file I'm downloading is ;-)
> Also, about the "Swordmod.zip" thing, this is going to be a sort of ugly hack, but if
> nothing else, couldn't you use some sort of scheme where the servlet copies itself to the
> correct module name, send the browser a "Location: " header to the new copy, and when the
> copy is done executing, it deletes itself?  It'd be nice to find a more elegant solution,
> of course, and, perhaps, if one studied the http protocol more than I have, one might find
> a more elegant solution ;-)
> Also, I assume in all this that you are trying to avoid JavaScript (i.e. the way
> download.com, etc, initiate the download)?
>
> Jeff Schmidt
>
> Personally, I'd like to see the option of being able to use ftp if one wanted.  E.g., use
> install manager the way one used to, or use the web site/ JSP download if one needs to.

<><><> Want to try and earn a little money during
  your regular surfing of the web?  Check out the
  following:  http://web2.airmail.net/gstone/money.html