[sword-devel] 4 byte LD index size fields

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 01:55:37 -0800

I keep running into LD articles longer than 64k in length, which means the
standard 2-byte size fields in LD indices isn't working well for me. :)  I'm
loath to split articles up like I did with the ISBE and would like to
re-issue the ISBE without split articles if I can.  So... I'm requesting
(begging) for a new LD type that supports 4-byte size fields.  It shouldn't
require much work, but when I tried to implement it myself a few weeks ago I
failed miserably.  A new class is definitely better than changing the
regular LD class so that we don't need to re-index old modules and break
backwards compatability.

--Chris Little